St. John Parish notifies residents of weather cancellations, recovery updates for Sept. 14
LAPLACE — St. John the Baptist Parish released the following updates for the evening of Tuesday, Sept. 14. Please note that rainfall anticipated from Hurricane Nicholas has caused some activities to be rescheduled, including the FEMA mobile unit, aerial mosquito spraying and the farmer’s market planned at St. John Theatre.
· All FEMA activities (mobile unit) are cancelled due to weather. FEMA information is available at disasterassistance.gov or call 1-800-621-3362.
· The Operation Blue Roof vehicle will be moving around the Parish from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. the next two days, assisting residents with the Blue Roof program.
The schedule is as follows:
- September 15 – Walmart Parking Lot
- September 16 – Juan Anthony Joseph Park in Edgard
For more information, visit blueroof.us or call 888-766-3258.
The POD site at Garyville Magnet will close indefinitely after Wednesday.
Number of outages as of 9 a.m.: 9,063 – 46% of customers remain without power
· Entergy is expanding to residential areas to restore power to the parish. They have energized the feeder in LaPlace that serves along Airline Hwy from the Spillway to Hwy 51 along with the Belle Point feeder that serves Ochsner, several commercial businesses along Airline Hwy and customers in Reserve from Central Ave to River Rd.
· The LaPlace Hospital, St. John VA Clinic, St. John High School, and the St. John sewer lift station have been restored as well as multiple motels and the Walmart in Laplace. West 10th Street in Reserve restored power to some commercial customers.
· Central to River Road, Airline Hwy from St. Charles/St. John Parish Line to Hwy 51 and Hwy 51 from Airline Hwy to Total Choice Credit Union is energized. Entergy is continuing to work on the feeders coming out of the Laplace Substation, Belle Point and Dutch Bayou.
· Congestion and rear access poles continue to pose challenges, but crews are working with local officials and bringing in necessary equipment to address.
· Crews are also working River Road in Reserve, parts of River Land Estate in LaPlace, Lucy, Edgard, Wallace, and the west bank of the parish as well as commercial and residential areas throughout the parish.
· For permits, please call Planning & Zoning at 985-651-5565 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Please include the following information in your request:
Name, Address, Phone Number, Scope of Work and Contractor’s Information
· Repairs to any structure in a flood zone requires a permit.
Aerial Mosquito Spraying
· The aerial mosquito spraying scheduled for this evening has been postponed due to weather. We will update when rescheduled.
The Louisiana Workforce Commission Mobile unit is at River Parish Community College in Reserve tomorrow from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. to help residents apply for disaster unemployment. The Community College is located at 181 Regala Park Rd., Reserve.
· The Farmer’s Market scheduled for Wednesday at the St. John Theatre has been rescheduled to Saturday from noon to 5pm.