Dept. of Transportation and Development Announces Bid Results for Statewide Projects
BATON ROUGE – The Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development (DOTD) announced today that 16 projects around the state were let on April 14, 2021. Eleven contractors presented apparent low bids totaling $31.4 million.
“We’re pleased to announce this month’s letting results, which includes a series of guardrail repairs after the devastating effects of Hurricane Laura,” said DOTD Secretary Shawn D. Wilson, Ph.D. “The fact that we’re still recovering eight months later shows how catastrophic storms can be, and it’s a sobering reminder for us to diligently prepare, as we always do, for this year’s hurricane season. We’re also pleased to be preparing for the second part of flashing yellow arrow installation throughout Baton Rouge and its surrounding parishes, highlighting our continuing focus on the safety of the traveling public.”
The projects and their apparent low bids are as follows:
Bridge Replacement and Repair:
- Replacement of Bayou Parc Perdu and Creek bridges in Lafayette Parish: $2,059,825.75
- Milling, patching, and overlay on U.S. 80 between Bayou Lafourche Bridge and 1.44 miles east in Richland Parish: $1,299,874.48
- Milling, patching, overlay widening, and drainage on LA 113 between LA 26 and LA 112 in Beauregard Parish: $2,561,965.18
- Milling, patching, and paving on LA 2 between Webster Parish line and LA 3062 in Claiborne Parish: $2,737,920.98
- Surface treatment and patching on LA 175 and LA 789 in Caddo and DeSoto parishes: $789,990.05
- Milling, patching, overlay, and drainage on U.S. 61 between Carrollton Ave. and Causeway Blvd. in Jefferson and Orleans parishes: $4,759,133.23
- Grading, milling, patching, and overlay on LA 1 between Elson Ln. and LA 182 in Lafourche Parish: $3,236,992.91
- Milling and overlay on LA 3128 between JA Whelan rd. and LA 107 in Rapides Parish: $199,925.30
- Milling, patching, overlay, and drainage on LA 588 between LA 585 and terminus in West Carroll Parish: $1,335,447.35
Congestion Mitigation and Safety:
- Flashing yellow arrow installation throughout Ascension, Assumption, East Baton Rouge, East Feliciana, Iberville, Pointe Coupee, St. James, West Baton Rouge, and West Feliciana parishes: $4,146,886.65
- Raised reflective pavement markers and striping on U.S. 90Z between I-10 and Terry Pkwy. Exit in Orleans Parish: $1,657,775.00
- Raised reflective pavement markers and striping on I-59 between I-12 and Mississippi state line in St. Tammany Parish: $966,777.00
- Guardrail repairs from Hurricane Laura on I-10, LA 101, LA 109, LA 110, LA 112, LA 113, LA 156, LA 26, LA 27, LA 394, US 171, US 190, US 90 in Allen, Beauregard, Calcasieu, Cameron, and Winn parishes: $222,907.70
- Sunshine Bridge pier fender repairs in St. James Parish: $3,065,752.72
- Union Pacific overpass repair above LA 3250 on I-49 in Rapides Parish: $1,067,081.00
- Hyacinth Ave. bike lanes in East Baton Rouge Parish: $1,310,621.91
Construction projects are prioritized by road/bridge condition, urgency of improvements, type/volume of traffic, crash records, unforeseeable emergencies that caused damage, and several other factors.
For more information about these projects, please visit www.dotd.la.gov.